Indian food is seriously the key to my heart. It reminds me of my Mom's cooking growing up and now that I'm on my own, I had to find an easy way to feed my Indian food cravings.
This is a very popular North Indian dish. It's usually served with rice or naan (Indian Flat Bread). I personally prefer to eat this with Jasmine Rice.
For your convience, I have attached a link to spices that you may not have heard of before. They are all available on Amazon.
I love this recipe because it's pretty quick to make and I can make in batches to have throughout the week! It has plenty of clean protein and healthy fats to keep you full and focused throughout the day.
3/4 cup of full-fat coconut cream
1 tsp salt
1 can of chickpeas
1 small red onion (finely chopped)
3-4 cloves of garlic (grated)
1/2 TB of fresh ginger (grated)
1 TB Coconut Oil
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
4-5 ground cloves
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 fresh tomatoes or 1 cup of pureed canned tomatoes
fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp turmeric
1. In a medium pan heat up 1 TB of coconut Oil.
2. Add cumin seeds and cloves, let simmer for about 20 seconds.
3. Add ginger, garlic, and onion and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes or until light brown on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
4. Add salt, garam masala, turmeric, and curry powder. Now add in the fresh tomatoes or 1/2 cup of . 5. Let the fresh tomatoes cook for about 7-8 minutes.
6. Add in coconut cream and water and let it simmer for about another 5 minutes.
7. Add in the chick peas. Stir it all up and let it simmer in low heat for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
8. Garnish with cilantro (optional)
You can serve with rice, quinoa, or naan.
As always, enjoy with love and gratitude.