These morsels of goodness are my favorite snack to keep in the house. They are a great breakfast on-the-go or a delicious guilt less dessert. You can make it at in a big batch and it stays intact for about 4-5 days. In the winter, you can keep it out on the counter. In the summer, it's a good idea to store in the fridge.
These squares are made from whole, nutritious dense ingredients that will keep you full and focused for hours.
2 very ripe bananas
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup pure maple syrup
2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 5 mins)
½ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup oat flour (Take a cup of rolled oats and dry blend them in a blender)
1 cup rolled oats
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tsp of coconut palm sugar (for the topping)
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Coat a 9 x 13 baking pan with melted coconut oil.
2. Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax eggs, milk ,and vanilla. Whisk until well mixed.
3. Add oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Whisk together until just incorporated.
4. Pour batter evenly into the prepared pan.
5. Optional: sprinkle the muffin tops with rolled oats and sugar.
6. Bake for 22-26 minutes.
7. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes. Lift out and enjoy!