Tis' the season for root vegetables! Sweet potatoes are anti-inflammatory, have antioxidant properties, and help maintain blood sugar levels. What does that mean exactly? They help you feel energized, ward off sugar cravings, and prevent you from being 'hangry."
Sounds good in my book!
This is a great side dish to prep in batched for the week. It stays good in the fridge for up to 4 days.
1. 5 Sweet Potatoes
2. 3 TBS of coconut oil
3. 1 TBS garlic powder
4. 1/2 tsp paprika
5. Sea salt and black pepper to taste
6. Sprinkle of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Line a sheet tray with parchment. In a large bowl toss sliced wedges of the sweet potatoes with coconut oil.
3. Sprinkle with all the seasonings, toss again.
4. . Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, toss, then bake for another 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown on top.
6. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with ketchup or your favorite hot sauce!
Remember, potatoes are one of the "dirty dozen" with the highest pesticide residues. Choose organic potatoes to avoid these toxins.