I love Thai food, but it's not always made with the best ingredients in restaurants. I was determined to find a healthier way to make it. This recipe is loaded with vitamins, minerals, clean protein - and deliciousness. It seems like a lot of ingredients, but it's easy to make once you have all the ingredients. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do at least once a week!
This is also a great recipe to make in batches to use for multiple meals during the week.
Be sure to tag @nourishbyjd once you make it! I love seeing your creations!
1 medium zucchini, spiralized as “zoodles”
2 large carrots, julienned
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
1 cup thinly sliced white cabbage
3/4 cup tofu
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2 clove of grated garlic
1 TBS coconut oil
For the dressing:
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or Bragg's Liquid Aminos
2 tablespoons water
2.5 teaspoons pure maple syrup (or other sweetener)
1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1. Saute garlic with coconut oil and add the veggies except the zucchini, lightly saute them until they are a little soft
2. Add zucchini at the end just to warm it up a little
3. In a separate pan, saute diced tofu with the coconut oil and let it brown a little on the top. Turn them occasionally so they don’t get burnt on one side.
1. Mix all the ingredients together and toss it with the cooked veggies and tofu.
2. Add crushed red flakes on top to add some spice!
1. 1 cup of brown rice to 2 cups of water.
As always, enjoy with love and gratitude.