Hummus is a creamy, thick spread loaded with protein and deliciousness. It can be used as a dip with veggies, a spread on sandwiches, or even as a salad dressing.
Aside from having a powerhouse ingredient list, science shows us that when the ingredients in hummus are combined, they offer stellar health benefits. The combination of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins found in hummus work together to keep us full and focused for hours.
The vitamin K and calcium content of cilantro help to build strong bones, teeth, and hair. Research shows that it helps to lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, supports healthy cardiovascular function, and much more.
Rids the Body of Heavy Metals (powerful detoxifier)
Lowers Anxiety and Improves Sleep
Settles Digestive Upset
1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 small cloves garlic
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
1 cup, firmly packed, cilantro leaves
olive oil for drizzling
1/4 cup water
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor. Blend until there is a thick, creamy consistency.
2. You may have to add some additional water for the mixture to properly blend.
3. Taste to adjust the salt and lemon and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
5. Enjoy hummus with carrots, celery, or practically any other vegetable. Hummus is also a great dip for gluten free crackers.
Stays well in the fridge for up to 5 days.
As always, enjoy with love and gratitude.