I recently discovered lentil pasta and it's literally #lifechanging! I think I've found the holy grail of pastas! With 13 grams of protein, it makes for a perfect meal - when paired with vegetables and good fats.
I usually eat brown rice pasta from TJ's, while it tastes really good - it's really high in carbs. Lentil pasta definitely adds much more in terms of vitamins, nutrients, and protein. Not only does it taste delicious, but it fills me up quickly due to the fiber and protein content.
Red lentil pasta is made out of just one simple ingredient: organic red lentils. That’s it. Lentils are a great source of vegan protein. It tastes very similar to the regular gluten free pastas we’re used to, just a little but heartier. I definitely won't be going back to brown rice pasta.
3/4 cup dry lentil pasta
1/2 cup of cashews soaked for at least 30 minutes
5 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup broccoli
1 cup spinach leaves
1/2 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS nutritional yeast
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs EVOO
1. Cook pasta per packing directions
2. Heat up coconut oil, sauté 5 cloves of chopped garlic until light brown
3. Add broccoli and spinach and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes on medium high heat (until the spinach has completely shrunk)
4. After vegetables are cooked, stir in the pasta and salt if needed. Turn off the stove.
5. In a blender, mix cashews, 1 clove of raw garlic, lemon juice, EVOO, nutritional yeast, 2 TBS water (maybe a bit more)
6. Add alfredo to the pre mixed pasta.
7. Add black pepper, crushed red pepper, and/or oregano
As always, enjoy with love and gratitude!